The freelinking module implements a filter for the easier creation of HTML links to other pages in the site or external sites with a wiki style format such as [[pluginname:identifier]].
For example: [[nodetitle:page one]] becomes:
<a href="/node/1" title="page one" class="freelink freelink-nodetitle freelink-internal">page one</a>
Freelinking 3 (available for Drupal 6 and 7) supports the following links:
- Drupal.org pages by nid.
- Drupal.org projects at by their project name.
- Files in public files directory.
- One inch frame links.
- User profile links by uid.
- Paths by internal URLs.
- Links to nodes by their title.
- Wikibooks.org, Wikipedia.org, Wikiquote.org, Wiktionary.org, Wikisource.org and Wikinews.org links by page ttitle.
- Google search for a particular string.
- Local search for a string.
- Nodes by nid.
Implement new formats as plugins
Freelinking 3 introduces an extensible framework for building "easy linking" syntax specialized for your project.