Memcache API and Integration
Integration between Drupal and Memcached with the following features:
- An API for using Memcached and the PECL Memcache or Memcached libraries with Drupal.
- Memcache backends for the following systems (all drop-in):
- Caching (memcache.inc)
- Sessions (memcache-session.inc)
- Locking (memcache-lock.inc)
- A module that provides a comprehensive administrative overview of Drupal's interaction with Memcached and stats.
- A set of tests that can be run to test your memcache setup.
For requirements, installation requirements, and common troubleshooting issues, see the documentation.
Note that Drupal core 7.8 has a bug which conflicts with memcache, but which was fixed in 7.9, you should upgrade to the latest stable core release.