It defines a slickgrid view style, so all data can be output as an editable grid.
Features of the grid:
- Grouping field - group fields with a common value together
- Collapsible taxonomy fields (tree structures)
- Tabs - organise columns into tabs
- Resize, reorder & hide columns
- Delete entities via the grid
- Force fit columns (to fill the available column space)
- Undo (undo previous changes - uses node revisions)
- Set viewport height
- Set row height
- Add entities via the grid*
- Clone entities*
- Export data (via the views data export module)*
- Multi edit/delete/clone/export (checkboxes will be displayed in the rows - select as many rows as you want to perform action against)*
* Drupal 7 version only.
At the front end, users can show/hide, resize, reorder columns & resize the height of the grid. These settings will be stored per user and used next time the grid is shown. Saving the view (via the usual views UI) will reset these settings.
For every field defined in the view, you can set its column width, whether it's sortable, and formatters (how the cell data is displayed), an editor, a validator and filters (for filtering the column data).
This modules comes with the following plugins ready to use:
- Inline cell editor - for excel-like editing of text & numeric data.
- Popup field form - the field form pops up in an overlay. All field types can be edited.
- Required inline field
- Text filter (case-insensitive text filter - if the column cell contains the text it will be displayed)
- Collapsible taxonomy fields - build tree structures based on the taxonomy terms (D7 Only)
Requirements & recommendations
Drupal 6 version requires:
Drupal 7 version requires:
If using the grid as an editor, it's best used with Editor views so nodes can be filtered based on edit & delete permissions. Currently this module is Drupal 6 only.
Slickgrid uses adaptive virtual scrolling, and can handle hundreds of thousands of rows. If you want to use Slickgrid with large datasets you'll probably need to install Views batch page which loads views via the batch API & prevents out of memory problems. Currently this module is Drupal 6 only.
Requires jQuery 1.4.3 & jQuery UI 1.8.5. These libraries are included and added to all slickgrid views pages.
Requires jQuery 1.5.2 - so this module requires the jquery_update module.