The Ubercart Addresses module adds an address book to the user's profile. When users register, you can require that they provide an address. Users can then add more addresses and edit or delete existing addresses. One address is always designated as the default address and cannot be deleted (but it can be edited). Users can optionally name each address (e.g. "work", "mary", "joe").
The Ubercart checkout process is altered so that users select delivery and billing addresses from their address book rather than from previous orders. You can ask the module to automatically fill in the billing and/or the delivery address with the user's default address. Any new addresses entered during the checkout process are automatically added to the user's address book.
From early July 2013, I plan to move my focus on to other projects. This means I'll be spending less time on this project. If there is a feature you would like to get in, then go on and help to make it happen! Until July 1, 2013, I'm willing to do (most of) the coding if the feature is well enough described and provided with graphical designs (and if I think the feature makes sense to add to the module, of course). After that date, if you'd like to get a new feature in, I expect you to do the coding yourself, though I'm happy to assist where possible.
There are already some issues in consideration, see
The 7.x-1.x and 6.x-2.x versions contain the following features:
- Address book: customer can manage addresses in their address book.
- Billing/Shipping address enhancements: customers can mark addresses as their default billing and/or default shipping address.
- Address nicknames: customers can assign a name to each address.
- Address formats: create address formats using tokens.
- Address selecting: customers can select an address from their address book at checkout.
- Require an address when registering: you can require customers to provide an address when they register.
- Fine grained permissions settings: view, edit and delete permissions and hooks for further control.
- Support for extra address fields: add extra address fields through code or with Extra Fields Pane.
- The address book API: a system for loading, deleting and saving addresses.
- The field handler API: a system for adding extra address fields.
See the documentation for more details.
Views support is available in the Ubercart Views module.
For Ubercart Addresses 7.x-1.x and 6.x-2.x, there is documentation available for site builders and for developers:
- Ubercart Addresses documentation overview
The site builder's guide to Ubercart Addresses
A quick introduction to the module with all features visible in the user interface in short explained.
The developer's guide to Ubercart Addresses
A detailed guide about the architectural concepts of the Ubercart Addresses' API. Contains many code examples of how to interact with the API.
The available hooks are explained in the file uc_addresses.api.php, which is included with the module.
An example module demonstrates a way to interact with the field handler API.
for more information.
- The 7.x branch: any new features will go into this branch. The 7.x-1.0-alpha release has been tested and should work properly (see the release notes for more information).
- The 6.x-2.x branch: new features may still be accepted, but it will move to beta or rc status when extended Views integration is completed.
- The 6.x-1.x branch: no new features will be added to this branch. It's open for bug fixes only.
- The 5.x branches: there will be no further development on the 5.x branches.
- The 6.x-2.x and 7.x-1.x versions are actively maintained by MegaChriz.
- The 5.x and 6.x-1.x versions were originally maintained by Tony Freixas.
How to help
There are some issues in consideration with which I could use some help in designing. See
. If there is a feature you miss, then go on and help to make it happen! You don't have to be a coder to get your feature in. Writing a plan on how you would like the feature to work, preferably provided with graphical designs can already be enough.
I'm also looking for co-developers who want to help me with maintaining the 7.x-1.x and 6.x-2.x version. Check out the documentation to learn everything about how Ubercart Addresses works.